Welcome to Nik's CATIA Corner
The CATIA V5 designer's place for quick tips and techniques
Q: Do you know how to quickly create multiple dimensions with the same value in CATIA V5 Sketcher?
A: You can create dimensions on sketch to be assigned the same value, using Constraint tool.
- Click on EquivalentDimensions tool in Knowledge toolbar.
- Click on Edit List
- Select all of the dimensions in Parameters list to be assigned equal value.
- Add to ‘Parameters for Equivalent Dimensions’ by clicking right arrow and then OK.
- All of the dimensions to be made equal should be shown in the list, key in the required value and all of the dimesions will update.
- For any design changes, double click on the dimension and key in the new value. All of the Equivalent dimensions will change automatically.
To learn of similiar tips & techniques register today for a CATIA V5 Course.
Past tips & techniques are available on our archives. Click here!
Do you have a question that you would like to post? Send it to email@example.com and it will be submitted.